http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553374397/ref=cm_li_v_cr_self?tag=linkedin-20
Nathaniel Brandon's book is the most comprehensive source I have come across on the psychology of self-esteem. After having encountered the self-concept consisting of the three components of self-ideal, self-image and self-esteem in the cognitive neuroscience literature, I wanted to have a more detailed idea of the role of self-esteem. Maxwell Maltz also speaks of the self-image as being the key factor in human success. Brian Tracy elaborates on the self-concept with particular emphasis on self-esteem. But it is Brandon's works that contain all the finer details. I was enriched in coming across Nathaniel Brandon's book and later, other books of his. Reading them was very enlightening. By and by I realized that the book, The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem is essential reading for all who aspire for a holistic success and well-being and indeed for several neurological-based disorders of the body and mind. This is a beautifully written book.
Nathaniel Brandon's book is the most comprehensive source I have come across on the psychology of self-esteem. After having encountered the self-concept consisting of the three components of self-ideal, self-image and self-esteem in the cognitive neuroscience literature, I wanted to have a more detailed idea of the role of self-esteem. Maxwell Maltz also speaks of the self-image as being the key factor in human success. Brian Tracy elaborates on the self-concept with particular emphasis on self-esteem. But it is Brandon's works that contain all the finer details. I was enriched in coming across Nathaniel Brandon's book and later, other books of his. Reading them was very enlightening. By and by I realized that the book, The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem is essential reading for all who aspire for a holistic success and well-being and indeed for several neurological-based disorders of the body and mind. This is a beautifully written book.
No comments:
Post a Comment