When Daniel Coyle's book, "The Talent Code" and Csikszentmihalyi's book, Flow, the Psychology of Optimal Experience are applied to real life, what ensues? Steven Kotler's book, "The rise of Superman" is all about extreme athletic performance that has taken off especially in the 20th and the 21st centuries, with sports persons breaking barriers thought to be insurmountable. Steven Kotler is also co-author with Peter Diamandis on the wonderful recent book, "Abundance- the future is better than you think." I am as yet reading Kotler's new book and finding myself carried away by its fine writing.
"All that one is is the result of what one has thought." Until one takes charge of one's own life, thinking is to a large extent shaped by the environment by default. The moment one takes conscious control of one's thinking a profound transformation becomes possible. Reading is one of the most powerful ways to do so. In this blog I comment on and review the books I read for the benefit of those seeking personal transformation via reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment